Re: Initiate in exile....what fills their 30% obligation time?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_BioxaZTpGBiEynbfPjT9GN-ttekqSMHxwMwCAAIahakfoWQlzpihhJIP-tBJI0ofHm0M>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:52:07 -0000

> But yes, either way, can't take part in the clan or tribal ceremonies.
>
> I would have thought that an "Exile of convenience" would not involve expulsion
> from the clan or removal of magic. As a god-talker he would be able to maintain
> his communication with his god.

Not necessarily. Remember, there is no such thing as a "Universal Orlanth Cult". You have little communities - clans, tribes, regional temples - all with their own cult. You leave that community, and you are out of contact with that cult. If you want to remain dedicated to that god (ie. get to use your Runes in an active manner) and keep the god happy with you, then you probably need to find a new community (although exceptions exist).

> Non god-talkers would, in my opinion, have a harder time of it, but I guess
> would try their best to worship at any temple or shrine that they find. My
> feeling is that in a magical world like Glorantha there must be numerous local
> shrines to various deities. I'm sure that an enterprising adventurer would be
> able to locate a place to maintain his connection to his god.

There are numerous shrines and temples to Orlanth throughout Theyalan lands as well as many holy places that no longer have a cult attached to them. Frex, it would like be no problem going from Boldhome to Safelster for our Orlanthi exile. Outside of the lands of the Theyalan peoples, not quite the same.

Jeff