More Luck Rune

From: jorganos <joe_at_w9G-k3Ur258UkbDY7epGetgfmA2FUHc8wAxfH6fQVrmlKKGVMGXs26xerrywHjzIfJlDWjOq>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:45:20 -0000

Jeff:
> Asrelia is not widely associated with the Luck Rune, nor Ty Kora Tek with Fate. That's a Slontan God Learner identification not recognized by the Orlanthi (which includes by the Esrolians).

> The runic associations in "Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes" are more reliable than those presented in the (now long out of print) RQ3 "Gods of Glorantha" book.

Yes, I'm a grognard, too... That cults book probably doesn't offer much except obscure hints to other mysteries any more, but I value also the RQ3-era sources in that capacity, not just the RQ2-era products. While probably not marketable at that time, the entire content of Gods of Glorantha, Genertela: Crucible of the Hero Wars, Gloranthan Bestiary and Elder Secrets plus the material in Missing Lands should have gone into a single world description book, with trollpak, Troll Gods and the two RQ3 troll scenario books as a second RQ3 Glorantha product. Given the composition of Glorantha fans, a reprint of that in the style of the RQ2 reprints might sell, even though the material is constantly being mined for new products. Does Avalon Hill's legal successor still have a say in this?

(And yes, I'll prefer moondesign to produce new products rather than putting resources into rehashing old ones. Genertela Box is being mined empty, if I understood you correctly.)

Asrelia as giver of all that is good and desired probably was the thought behind giving her the Luck Rune (at that time).

Which deity was the Rune Gate in Runegate associated with? "From the Holy Country"... back in the Old School times, I assumed that Belintar and Asrelia were the two entities responsible for the Luck in Kethaela, with Our Lady of Credit being the sorcerous aspect of the land goddess bearing that luck.

(Back then, Asrelia and Esrola were pretty much mashed together, and there was no hint of Imarja at all... not my favourite addition to the lore, that goosehead goddess.)