Re: "What ifs" for "This World" Heroquests

From: Jeff <richaje_at_P3GdsOn7iTEBtfN6HU8755Xvvz4awc7hvILZvyY6XYmo4vN6Ju55v1Wi7oDcvwjQrAu3>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:26:13 -0000

> So, what if the Issaries priest is killed by the Praxians? Can the PCs still finish the quest? Can they freely go to Hell to rescue the priest? Would they then be entering the Heroplane? Do they need to know some myth related to visiting Hell and coming out?

OK, if the Issaries priest gets killed by the Praxians, the other questers are screwed UNLESS they can somehow bring him back from the Underworld. Now in HQ2, resurrection is awfully damn rare, so unless a Chalana Arroy devotee is with them, that means finding some way into the Underworld. Which is a major heroquest in its own right (see Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes) - probably far bigger and more dangerous than the one they are doing now!

If the players don't have some sort of "road map" of Hell (most likely a myth), then they are doomed to be lost in the Underworld.

> What if the PCs acting as Storm Bull use magic not associated to Storm Bull, like Lodril's Firespear?

Well, they run a major risk of an identity challenge by their foe. "Storm Bull never used fire to blast his enemies from a distance, who are you then?" They might succeed in using the Firespear only to suffer a major penalty in any future obstacle where that hero must act as Storm Bull.

Jeff