Re: Heroquest vs. Runequest II

From: Mark <markmohrfield_at_0JmprUXYg8F7VfIVg2P32xoO_L-7CVF3VN73P3Fgz6f_nIpkbKFthMrDK567rG>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:36:12 -0000

I'd say that starting from a point of complete ignorance of either rule system RQ is actually the more complex game. HQ has essentially one mechanic for everythiing (or two if count simple and extended contests as different mechanics). RQ has a great number of rules such as separate descriPtions for each spell, combat action, combat manuver, etc.

>Don't know if my players will like HQ with its emphasis on narration >vs. RQ II's crunch.

They're both excellent examples of the type of rules that they are, so this (player taste) is what it really comes down to.

> I have Sartar Kingdom of Heros and like it very much.
>
> Is it possible to use RQ II with Sartar Kingdom of Heros? I really like the clan creation part.

I'm sure you can, though it would take some work.

                                                   Mark Mohrfield