Re: Lich in Glorantha

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_6peV5uLMkTe8cX_RyhB5TvqvItDOqV3D_Nx4efJJqP2ieCdUKLcia8DHlU93fnc88c1>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:06:19 +0100

Richard Hayes wrote:

> 'Lich Gate' in Sog City might have its mundane RW meaning instead --
> a term in church architecture describing "A roofed gateway to a
> churchyard used originally as a resting place for a bier before
> burial" (There used to be quite a famous one at Worcester Cathedral,
> for example). Would Malkioni funeral rites need such a place anyway?
> (I miss the section on funerary customs in cult write-ups that you
> found in Cults of Prax andCults of Terror)

Which is why I included such a thing, albeit somewhat brief, in /Book of Glorious Joy/ (p. 33). According to that version, general Malkioni burial rites would certainly allow for the possibility of a lich gate, without actually making it mandatory. Individual sects will, of course, have variants on this ceremony, as with everything else.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/