My Second-Age Umathelan Game - Adventure Ideas?

From: giannieanna <giannieanna_at_wXE35L4GmMoVRqVZRy8ntQe3bm5zJ-rOXVVxwzRdyt1X3roxyJd2AKT4NX8Ds2zd>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:03:02 -0000

Hi all,

I am now looking for adventure ideas. Umathings are probably quite similar to Genertelan Orlanthi; however, this being 2nd Age Pamaltela adventure seeds such as "fight Chaos" and "fight the Lunars" are out.

Obviously there is the potential of exploring the ruins left behind by the God Learners (I am aiming at the middle of the 10th century here, slightly later than the canonical 2nd Age books).

Another potential source of adventures is the fight against all kinds of non-humans: elves, dwarfs, Timinits, slarge, Uz, whatnot.

But I was also looking for smething creepier... In the absence of more 'traditional' foes such as Chaos or Sun/Moon worshippers, would Nontraya (http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Nontraya) fill the role of the big baddie corrupting Umathing society? If yes, I would use undead as enemies of the PCs. Are Gloranthan undead necessarily chaotic? (I am asking this because Chaos is supposed to be less strong in 2nd Age Glorantha so I am trying to avoid using Chaos)

Thanks
Gianni