Re: A sense of smelt

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_kzTf_Bl6T6M-_yuhtoX1xe-LSsGclgEzhaV4Pq968Ry3YfKAhFEckuUxoc3nnMTK>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:37:18 -0000

Chris :

> > There is a huge copper deposit in the Wastes, finely ground metallic copper.
>
> And yet they don't use to to make anything. I think that the reasons are:
>
> 1. Their fires are not hot enough. They mostly burn dung with a few sticks of brush. (The magic of the internet tells me that dung fires in a kiln can get up to nearly 1500 F, but copper does not melt until 1984 F.)

Praxians have fire magic.

Praise Waha !!!!

> 2. They have bone-smithing magic that they use to make weapons that are as good a the copper weapons they could otherwise create.

Praxian metal power is supreme. Praise Waha!!!

> 3. Historically, they didn't really encounter the copper sands until after Waha was gone and they were firmly set in their ways.

Stupid people who did not listen to Waha! all died !!! This is because they followed the evil pathways of the lawspeaking men instead of hearkening to the scourge of the Urox.

They will all die !!! They will all be scourged into the copper grave !!!

> 4. More prosaically, not all the sand is copper. You would need to get a lot of sand and heat it to the metling point of copper to extract just a little copper. It's enough to make the whole area copper-colored, but that doesn't take all that much as a percent. That sounds like an industrial opportunity, not one for nomads.

KILL the evil God Learner !!!