Re: A sense of scale

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_IGsjLsBq-BfZhKOB_NNrVC1HZZhqnNOq3ysxCMmXsHYXmjrTC75iRVMTkpn51pMlVAR>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 18:44:44 -0000

Peter Metcalfe:
> On 11/19/2011 6:09 PM, David Cake wrote:
> >
> > For a specific example, there is this fan contributed map by Trotsky of the Far North of Genertela (I'd love to know more about the sources for this map, BTW!)
> RuneQuest II rulebook. I would put Altinela on the other side of the
> Mountains of the Sky. The only other source is the map on the front
> cover of Arcane Lore which shows a large waterfall? between the
> Mountains of the Sky and an Outpoint of Luathela.

Yes, there was a very, very early map that showed Luathela way to the West of Glorantha, Altinela way to the north beyond Valid's Glacier, another land (can't remember its name) to the south of Pamaltela and continuing that continent and nothing much to the East except islands.

It has been ages since I saw it, though, and I can't even remember which supplement contained it.

Jeff:
> Keep in mind that Altinela is NOT in the mundane world of men and
> mortals but lies on the Other Side, beyond the endless glacier.

Yes, that is important. However, it should be possible to travel there, although there may well be magical obstacles involved.

See Ya

Simon