Re: What's the Otherside like?

From: hcarteau_at_rWrewbaKJ8D-fbUxy6WfPa7MomyXM5SdJK-0FoN9TehMS_QYv5HeDt0VlJKWvmTuc0F
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:46:45 +0100 (CET)

(snip) That's what I hate about Glorantha. Too much information, No clear place to start, too high of a learning curve. /// It's like an encyclopedia : many subjects are fascinating, but you're under no obligation to read them all. Only go for these which interest you and are pertinent to your gaming sessions. No worry about not using every interesting issue during a game.

My favorite games put emphasis on social conflict, and it's easy to get players to understand it, since they don't need to know about Glorantha to feel concerned. They belong to the same clan, which you have built with them; a crisis happens to the clan which forces them to choose between options, each of them will have good and bad consequences. Do they sacrify themselves or do they stay selfish ? How do their neighbours react ? This is so novel compared to many RPG your players should enjoy the change immediately ! If they don't, try something else : Magics.