Re: Secrets of the Than

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_VXxVBL10GSQFzFMr9r_UixI2Kd3JC5lAzE0KZdWpZX6wQSCSkFT_LN1WJwqiWIvU-s>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:22:03 -0000

> I think that one aspect of what makes an act (or many acts, at any rate)
> chaotic or not is whether they are done for "selfish" reasons.

I would say rather that chaos offered a way to 'legitimize' many selfish acts, which without chaos would land dreadful repurcussions. (It also made some selfish acts possible, or at least far more feasible and rewarding)

Of course, as always in Glorantha, repeating acts of myth tends to tie one to those myths, so now some of those selfish acts put one on a chaotic path, whether or not the perpetrator intended to embrace chaos.