Re: Geasa

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_Kjqq3wbRpPgJeTZhGKe1jXPlM2PDOJeV9oECW95vGIgRVbwLb_ZDXZVGfUYbJT>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:01:45 -0000

For Than, my feeling is that they are more like a mental illness than a sign of piety and commitment. Like OCD, or autism, or aspergers syndrome, Yelmophobia perhaps, even drug addiction. The god here is a mindless, headless body wandering fens in the dark stealing heads and eating bodies. These should be unconcious actions. There is no choice, although perhaps they can be overcome.

I don't see it the same for Yelmalio or Humakt. Those ARE concious choices made to be pious and emulate their deity.