Re: Misapplied Magic in Wenelia

From: hcarteau_at_1L_I-WLvbkjG4311D_-_ciQbF0VXNcUKgdp916Fw1om31q0OJzCfhZvqpM94FGdz249
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:12:40 +0100 (CET)

The Asharan Church doesn't actually venerate Ashara, who may or may not be Issaries. Instead, it venerates Caselain, who edited the Abiding Book in such a way as to highlight the truths revealed when Ashara comes from the east on his way to the west during the Darkness.
/// You'd be both right and wrong in my Wenelia. Ashara is the Mask of the Invisible God, the force of Exchange. His Laws (spells) allow for trade and communication.
Trader Princes don't venerate Ashara per se, it's too intellectual. They do venerate Caselain indeed as the Prophet who embodied Ashara's Laws. But the spells they learn are from Ashara. This church is very practical and very weak ; it has talari members but no zzaburi ! So Magics are weak in comparison to, say, the Rokari Church.

Let's assume Ashara was Issaries.
/// Let's not, you filthy god learner scum. Burn the heretic. But yes, I agree that Ashara was / is an eransachula of the Third Order, a personification of the Exchange Rune. All this "Issaries" nonsense is misunderstood Logic by degenerate barbarians.

Second, I wonder if Chris' description of an animist deal with a god could have a possible parallel for an animist dealing with a saint.
/// Wenelian animists and theists agree to pray to Caselain because they then can talk with each other without fighting, which is often useful. Plus, they get some nifty spells, "Trustworthy Appearance" being a favorite. Also, they get gifts for their prayers : silver coins, metal blades, etc.