Re: Vampirism

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Ms8rRHP83q_DWvr4GrkJSwjrfy9mkF346r4wRbkISeNGE0TI-7kl7dN4fI8ickoCdQTO>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:43:34 -0000

> I don't think the Vivamort ability to drain spells and other magic from
> their victims is possible anymore. If detail were needed about their
> magic and blood drinking, I would use the victim's runes as a guide to
> the quality of the blood with certain runes being better than others (ie
> from a Vampire's PoV Darkness is good while Fire, Life and Death are
> Bad). Most blood is metabolized to feed the vampire's undeath rune but
> some can be used instead to fuel magics (other than natural vampoiric
> abilities) that the vampire might know or remember from his past life.

This is a much better approach. What matters about "vampires" is that they are Unliving and that one way or another they must feed on the living to maintain their Unlife. One tradition might require that they drink the 2 liters of virgin's blood every day, and that's it. Another tradition might require that they devour the soul of a sentient every week. And so on.

Jeff