Re: Vampirism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_RN5kS8efo9iq4YjDxYR7t6rOot-CU9u7SRyTQ225DCAdVg29h5uRj9ah8NBA1pOqJYC>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:26:07 +1300

On 12/14/2011 10:56 PM, Phil Hibbs wrote:
> > I don't think the Vivamort ability to drain spells and other magic from
> > their victims is possible anymore.
> I don't see why not. So the HQ rules don't model it - doesn't mean it can't
> happen.

It's not HQ - it's just that the magic comes from the God and the idea that a God would be unable to tell whether the magic is being used on the behalf of a worshipper or a vampire carries more than the whiff of implausibility to me even using RQ rules. I know Vivamort is chaotic but he's the god of vampires not powergamers.

> By sustaining itself on someone's blood, some of that person's
> magical powers might become available and by using those powers, the
> vampire might weaken the victim's association with his god.
I agree that the Vampire can get magic from the victim's blood but it would be better to have him use the blood to fuel his own magic rather than than have the vampire somehow fool the god.

--Peter Metcalfe