Re: Sources for Hero quests

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_25FS-pGHQm0adnohOrd8QhqhvQOUZQu0YXiPNa-1oNh4ecWNjh0QNlEQMn5HidqEp7D>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:42:50 -0000

David Dunham:
> Simon Phipp:
>
> > Question 4: How do I go about making a HeroQuest?
> >
> > 1. Find a suitable Myth.
>
> This is definitely the easiest way, but I think about half the
> Seattle Farmers games involved making up our own myths.

The suitable myth need not be one that is in the published canon.

> This solved the problem that the actual characters would know
> dozens if not hundreds of stories of their gods, and would be
> able to choose the relevant ones.

I agree entirely. Each clan would have its own variant of common myths and also many myths relating to clan heroes and ancestors. Maybe they remember something that was done in God Time because one of their clan ancestors witnessed the act and nobody else did. After all, not all of the deeds of the gods have been recorded.

See Ya

Simon