Re: Vampirism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Jotm1k1uxVxRKT9mrAKjCMhs9fwlUJiQkxxEvAZ--SIBR-A0bXhjNrORDKlm0kqahVM>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:58:12 +1300

On 12/19/2011 7:51 AM, Simon Phipp wrote:
> Peter Metcalfe:
>
>>> After all, Vivamort was a participant in the Sword Story.
>> In the Heortling version, he was so important they didn't mention
>> him.
> He is mentioned in all the versions that I have read.

The Sword Story is a specific Orlanthi myth of how men came to be mortal. Vivamort is not mentioned the Sword Story in King of Sartar nor the Book of Heortling Mythology. He is not mentioned in "The Cause of Time" essay in Cults of Terror and the Cult Compendium. He is not even mentioned in Cults of Prax where one would expect a mention of Arroin's mistreatment at the hands of Chalana Arroy. Nor is his involvement in stealing death mentioned in the Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha series that is reprinted in Wyrm's Footprints.

The only mention of his involvement happens to be his own cult writeup.

--Peter Metcalfe