Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: David Cake <dave_at_RI_ySMmaorlMHO53NTiIbfrvdMIaAo4xImG2CTA1vS1XJAV_GFin21fvW0dlPhyEO4CAy57>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:06:24 +0800

On 17/12/2011, at 11:45 AM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> Vivamort - the classic vampire tradition. Arose in Tanisor and spread
> throughout Genertela by the Gbaji Wars. Took a real hammering under the
> EWF by Yan Starcere. I think its current resurgence is because it was
> never eradicated in Peloria and it has spread with the Lunar Empire.

        Agree with all of this. I think the RQ3 sorcerous vampire tradition roughly corresponds to what we know as the VivaMort tradition.

> Nontraya - associated with Delecti and possibly Brangbane. More than
> just vampires as Brangbane is more like a ghoul. Received a major boost
> when Delecti joined up.

	Possibly Delectis story is a bit more complex, but I agree that both Nontraya and Brangbane have little to with 'Vivamort'. Nontraya is associated with all sorts of otherworld monsters besides vampires and ghouls as well.
	I think Orlanthi are, in general, more likely to become draugr rather than vampires, and sorcerous cultures are more likely to become vampires.
	Cheers

		David