Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: hcarteau_at_0GCAb9Gl1dU_nijXo2hgmDDHmStLm7I7CI_j3yrZCr_2Rm71N0m3tZ56TdHF2Wp5I5P
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:57:23 +0100 (CET)

FWIW, the word "Geist" auf deutsch does indeed has many meanings. "Ghost" as we (well as you furriners) mean it is only one of them. It is any kind of spirits, including the ones that we are in (states of characters, moods, etc.) I think it translates as "spirit" in english.

The French Larousse (godlearner) dictionary lists "Fantôme" with several meanings too :
- apparition of a deceased person as a real being (sounds weird), aka "revenant" (he who comes back)

Silkinister said it before and will say it again : undead have bodies. They are parodies of Life. These bodies must be destroyed. Spirits have no bodies, though many of them are malignant and must also be slain. But some are our (well, yours, I severed my ties with them) ancestors. Some are heroes. Some are guardians. Others are nuisances best placated, because they have some use to the community. Spirits are no parody of life : they are part of Life.

Praise Humakt, whose teachings allow us to savor and cherish Life for what it truly is.

Hervé