RE: A new RW inspiration for zzaburi : Druids !

From: hcarteau_at_VPUh41bKenYfDn8iqUJOK5QZuC-Shb2EuoAczmzy5uREg6tddI0pd4ktWGIxdGLwUJ4
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 23:35:47 +0100 (CET)

Aaaah, head TAKING. I read wrongly.

Well, nothing like taking his head, and showing it to your visitors for years afterwards, to honor a fallen foe. Stricty social. One of my PCs did exactly that to the Big Villain last game. He plays a rathori and said "I want to remember him as he was".

Hervé

/// I suspect "head-talking" means "nuts" in this context ?

Taking and preserving the heads of your defeated enemies, and keeping them as trophies. It was believed that the head was the seat of the soul, and so keeping and preserving the head meant you possessed the soul of your enemy.

Diodorus Siculus, writing in the first century BC: 'They cut off the heads of enemies slain in battle and attach them to the necks of their horses. The blood-stained spoils they hand over to their attendants and carry off as booty, while striking up a paean and singing a song of victory; and they nail up these first fruits upon their houses... they embalm in cedar oil the heads of the most distinguished enemies...'

Very Thanatari... 8-)

In the 'an Rúraíocht' Cúchulainn beheaded the three sons of Nechtan and displayed their heads on his chariot.