Malkioni cities

From: Daniel <von_das_at_qt9Lgb8_RAAos7BDOA7mhREzqfzhZ4UjDZIu1ShWWcwExzSC67ylWCjjIXI7Cq-U5RvG>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:17:55 -0000

Does anyone have any ideas as to what Malkioni cities would be like, especially if we are moving away from the Medieval West model?

What possible real world models might be worth looking at for inspiration?

The West (especially Loskalm, which particularly interests me) seems to have a strong interest in magical architecture. Might this result in some sort of geomantic or runic principles being used in city layouts? What form might that take?

Might there be a form of caste segregation in the cities (at least in some areas)? Perhaps something like a layered city, with commoners in the outermost layer, then soldiers/knights, then wizards, then lords in the innermost core.

Any other considerations I may have missed would be appreciated too, as would any examples of detailed western city write-ups I might not have found.

Yours,
Danie Adamov