Re: My Glorantha%

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_k2CP9YtFCD4OTBRTh-wdXp0XTHyN-ModZKH06f2nKS8OneGPH6am1KP_J1Qm>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:39:00 +0100 (BST)

Surely Brave New World is the opposite of Loskalm -- its Alphas and Epsilons are much more like high-tech Rokarism, or maybe even the Mostali?

Though to me the Mostali differ from the Malkioni in that their caste system is not (as?) pyramidal. Officially they consider their eight or nine castes to be "separate but equal", even though some castes exist to teach or manage the others. Hell, maybe the Mostali even have enough of a hive mind for this to be largely true? Or do the Mostali have more of a 1984 edge to them -- in which some privileged castes (or groupings within those castes?), are "party members" rather than "proles"?

Richard Hayes