Re: A question about Wizardry

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_3MR5TDeWCohrK9MvH-rWwMAH6dObw8oVSa7_-I35WEo36IG2F_QqyogeqBFTVHsj>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:23:06 +0100

On 15 Oct 2012, at 19:18, Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_qUxidM0V0zt2XVrmwNEzIfvGHIEDn3q4Yyx1Ixh7cjlWYohwgBdoSeF7vAJHFu3b3EkOl1GB_pAijy0.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> That raises another interesting question. What does a Theist do if his third tune does not match his God's runes? I have a Heleri PC who has Water and Movement (so far so good) and Disorder.
> Is he unable to work overt Disorder magic? Must he join Eurmal or Lanbril or another Disorder rune cult to work magic with it? Is he able to take the rune to 1W or beyond but just not work magic with it? Or can he not advance it beyond 20?

I had thought that you either joined a cult/herocult with the Disorder rune or just carried on augmenting, but some one pointed out that in Sartar:KoH page 77 it says: "Even if not an initiate, you can spend points to create a “breakout” ability within a rune affinity (see page 12). This breakout ability can be used directly, even though the full rune affinity cannot."

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433