Re: About Lunars in Free Sartar

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:27:54 -0000

> Well, we didn't see Lunar influence as being shallow in Tarsh. It wasn't conquered and Honeel birthed the next Tarsh king over a century ago. In our setting, Orlanthi occupation of Tarsh is much like Lunar occupation of Sartar, being held mostly by force over a sullen population. But I agree that Lunar influence in Sarter was shallow.

That is partially corroborated by King of Sartar (strict occupation), partially contradicted: Rather than Sartarite occupation forces, what we get in Tarsh is Mularik Ironeye and his Wolf Pirate cronies providing the cleptocratic occupation force for a couple of years. Interestingly enough, it is a traditional Orlanthi clan which does away with the tyrant.

> I'm not sure war is so immediate. The Lunars are routed of the moment?

Between the Fall of Furthest and the debacle which caused Argrath to seek refuge in Balazar there were about 6 to 8 years, depending on which dates in King of Sartar you disbelieve most. 3 of those years were under Mularik's reign, with Argrath stirring up the Provinces.