Re: Runes for Animists

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:07:33 +0000

On 4 Jan 2013, at 15:15, Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_...> wrote:

> All this discussion of Animists has reminded me of a question I've had for a while. All people have three runes. Theists use these runes directly to achieve effects that emulate their gods. Animists, however, work their magic using spirits acquired through their Tradition. So what purpose do personal runes play in the Animist Tradition?

I play that everyone has three runes. My current campaign is animist based, so one rune is the spirit rune off which all spirit magic works. So they have only two to choose from. However the elemental rune is mostly determined by tribe - I'm playing a Praxian game. So actually the players only pick one rune and that can be anything (although not another elemental rune).

So what do the players do with their hero's runes - augment with them. The rune they pick is normally the same as one of their spirit societies. Most men are part of the Waha spirit society, so most of my players pick ether the Mastery or Death rune to match the society. The charms of the society are mostly Death or Mastery ones, so augmenting is easy.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433