Re: Can Heortling farmers count?

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:18:32 +0100

On 08.01.2013 22:54, teeeterry wrote:
> I agree with all your points here.
> First I'm trying to establish if there is any canon on this topic, or if someone has knowledge about relevant RW examples. Then I'll decide which way to go with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Ries
Okay, more RW. Before the publication of Adam Ries' book in germany, the "simple" people (90%+) were mathematically dumb. In fact it was letterpress, that first brought reading skill, then any other science in broad. Of all science before, you only had a couple of handwritten copies, or even only archimedes' original!!! So you could only teach it to some elite, not to the world.

But still: Counting and sums... both do not really become harder, just because you may have high numbers.