Re: How does Lunar magic differ from other forms of magic?

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:27:27 +0800

In general, Lunar Magic is cyclical, and a little more powerful than other magic at its peak, but less powerful on the the average, and LOT weaker at the low point of the cycle - though this makes it a little more powerful within the Glowline always. The simple fact that their magics are very unusual often gives them an additional advantage, but this can also be a disadvantage in some ways (it can be much harder to find a source of Lunar elemental material, for example).

At advanced levels, Lunar magic seems to be a little less directly powerful, but a lot more flexible, and often somewhat subtler. In HQ2, they do not have access to Feats, so giving them less direct power, but can access other powers such as illumination. As a culture, the ability to productively combine sorcery, spirit magic, divine magic, mysticism and a even sometimes chaos makes them extraordinarily adaptable and effective, but a single individual usually does not have such broad capabilities.

Cheers

                David