Re: "Mans" Vingans

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 23:03:35 -0000

> Greg spoke vingans men (not literally) of vingans who consider themselves men
> (Most vingans still consider women having a function of men, but men would Vinga in Gloranth Greg
> Runequest that, to avoid shocking the public)
> Finally, "the vingans women" are much more common, but there would be a magic that is vinganne father.
> So marry a man as with a woman. (A loving couple vingan a tomboy and girly ernaldi one: this is too cute!)

Or the practical Ernaldan widow with children marries a Vingan for protection and support. Maybe there's a shortage of men or she just doesn't fancy those who are available.

I don't even think an Ernaldan who marries a Vingan will necessarily need special Vingan magic to have further children. I'm sure it isn't difficult to find a sperm doner in Orlanthi society. Remember in an individualistic society such things are only the concern of the people involved.

--
Donald Oddy