THANATONAUT

From: zonork <zonork_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:53:44 -0000

What would you think of a group of explorers of the Underworld? (The Thanatonautes), which by a strange magic can leave their body explore the paths of death. (A state of false death where the body and soul are connected by a rope so astral, it is nevertheless dangerous because off of it causes real death, it degrades over time and can cause serious sequelae if the exploration takes too long to see the death, they control some areas "high" in the world of the dead they control and use areas such as trainings or front-posts can Browsers magically remember if they are not too far away, but enter more deeply into the world of the dead is a downhill, it are "roads" but departs quickly, they are not without magic help but it's still dangerous)
The Descent into Hell is an ancient theme and so I find current religious it appropriate, but I can not see where it could fit. (Perhaps moon, perhaps a small group of very malkionis heretics? but they not a vision of death that is I think)

It is not necessary to have the magic to make a descent, a Thanatonaute for use on volunteers even though he must accompany because personally travel there and defend enough to have a chance survival requires other powers that only a true Thanatonaute has. (The Thanatonautes committed members of other cultures to explore Beyond different corresponding * good way to introduce any group if it avoids Humaktis that would surely like Thanatonautes being undead: they are alive but are in the space reserved for dead as zombies and vampires are dead in the world of alive)