Re: How far will Heortlings carry feuds

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 08:32:09 +1300

On 3/2/2013 8:08 AM, Zachary Kline wrote:

> My basic notion was for the heroes to get involved when a cottar of their clan, nobody important, was apparently seized from his stead by a few weaponthanes during a raid. I imagined that he might be guilty of the crime of, say, speaking to a child from the feuding clan whilst out tending his sheep, something inconceivable to our modern sensibilities.

Talking to children is not a crime. If there is a feud between the clans, then the weaponthanes are more likely to kill the cottar than to take him. It doesn't matter if the cottar was individually blameless in the feud, simply being a member of the other clan is a good enough reason to kill him.

--Peter Metcalfe