Re: How to read King of Sartar?

From: Charles <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 00:24:36 -0000

If time to prepare your campaign is precious then I suspect that this is not the book for you. I am starting the Sartar Campaign for my boys, and plan to mine the Sartar Companion for introductory scenarios first. I've just run Return to Apple Lane (also available at http://moondesignpublications.com/page/return-apple-lane ).

King of Sartar can be a fun book to read as long as you can accept its premise: it is an an assembly of fragments put together by an archaeologist. These fragments have different authors, each with their own agenda, including some who are trying to rewrite history to cover up the lack of legitimacy of a current ruler.

If you have a bit more time on your hands and/or you enjoy approaching Glorantha from a literary point of view, KoS has lots to offer. Myths and history to inspire heroquests and 'future history' to inspire plots and more. And more. And more!