Re: How to read King of Sartar?

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:02:08 +0000

Hah! I was mulling a completely contrary painting metaphor.

I see King of Sartar as being nothing but little details. If it's a painting is one of those Flemish pictures with strange goings on in every corner, Bruegel more than Bosch. Try and focus on the whole and it becomes incoherent, but everywhere there's something going on, in each scene a story.

You don't base a campaign on the whole thing, but you find little moments to insert into your game. Little scenes to enliven the thing, forshadowing the bigger events and so on.