Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:25:32 +0000

On 15 Mar 2013, at 08:19, jorganos <joe_at_...> wrote:

> Chris Lemens wrote:
> > A clan on the move is something to see. This is not a military unit; it is a large group of families, with people of all ages, and all their worldly possessions.

> Depending on the culture, a military unit on the move (away from its usual garrison, at least) may look little different from a clan moving around. Less herd beasts (though still some), of course - unless you count the armed folk marching in some sort of order. If cavalry, the same amount of reserve steeds. The military will have a train - if an official unit, actually two trains, one within the column, and another of camp followers behind it. A mercenary unit may place the family with the train.
> Both a clan on the move and a military unit on the move will have a vanguard, flankers (which double as foragers), and a rearguard.

We have some insight of how clans move in Greg's article "Living on the Spirit":

http://moondesignpublications.com/new/prax_living_spirit.html

This suggests to me that we should look beyond real world examples of how they move and look upon the act as magical ritual. To add the what Chris said, a clan on the move is a magical thing to see.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433