Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 19:01:35 -0000

Andrew Larsen:
> Is 'kheen' canonically established as the feminine of 'khan' in Prax? In the real world, the feminine form is 'khanum'. Just wondering.

I once asked my wife what the female word for Khan was. She looked at me as though I was an idiot and said there wasn't one - a Khan is a man.

So, you would definitely need a new word for a female khan-equivalent, as the Eirithan Queen is definitely not just a consort but a religious and social leader in her own right. So, Kheen is as good a word as any.

In Prax, the wife of a Khan and a Kheen are not necessarily the same. A clan could have a Khan and a Kheen who are not married and lead different parts of the clan in different ways. However, the Khan and Kheen are often married, as it cements the powers in a union of equals.

Simon