Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:07:56 -0000

In my view, Ronance created a system of canals in the Garden used for irrigation and travel by people of the Golden Age. There are some remnants of these in the Valley of Cradles and traces can be seen or detected in the wastes.

> The trails are one of the basis by which he saved the Wastelands, knotting everything together into a great bag. That the Ronance paths were already there was clearly a great help, but the Ronance Paths are not herd trails:

Not herd trails, but useful for navigation.

> Nomad Gods says "Ronance is the God of Fertility who was once the mainstay of the people of the Golden Age. His mere presence is inspirational to normal humans, and though his immortal chariot never touches the earth, the ground anything is always rich in growing edible things. It is said that an ancient magical road system, now lost, was made by the runnels of his wheels.

This is a modern misunderstanding, I think, of a system of canals with barges instead of chariots, whose "wheels" never touch the ground.

> The Ronance Paths are clearly about the connections between oasis (I'd include lost ones) and can manifest food plants if you know how. I see them as faint ley lines of earth fertility stretching across the old site of the Garden, broken in places.

My conception of the Canals of Ronance would be magical water features surrounded by fantastic and incredible plants, lush with fruits, animals and flowers.

The Good Canal, by contrast, is a massive, gargantuan, bleak constuct, cut through bare rock lacking any sort of greenery. Deep and dark in places. Scary and with one purpose. Dissolution of the Devil.

Keith