Re: Mythical Praxians

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 00:22:17 -0000

"Chris Lemens" <chrislemens_at_...> wrote:
>> To me, they are a tightly knit group of common divine
>> ancestry shaped by their fights against Chaos and the
>> retirement of both their main ancestral deities. Waha
>> picked up the shards, made half of them sustainable
>> sacrifices and subjected them to the Peaceful Cut butchery.

> I don't disagree with this as much.

> But their common divine ancestry only describes the core of the
> culture, not everyone in it uniformly.

> And their fights against chaos mainly consist in losing. Storm
> Bull won, but was so torn that he could not reconstitute himself.
> And I really don't think that they were with him. If so, they
> would not have survived the moment when he collapsed.

Actually, they didn't survive to that moment - that's how the cult write-up of Storm Bull tells the story. Storm Bull faced Wakboth, and every one around him that he loved or cared for was killed. Storm Bull himself was mangled, one ear torn off, as he landed on the ground that became the Dead Place. Barely kept alive, summoning the Block, he then crawled off to the Storm Mountains, to be healed by Chalana Arroy (I would assume at the Dawn, since that Goddess was on the Lightbringers Quest during his battle with Wakboth).

Those of his kin who accompanied him to the Eternal Battle didn't make it. Those too wounded or too afraid to follow survived. Those were the ones left for Waha to pick up.