Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:17:36 -0000

> I wouldn't say "avoidance of the separation." I'd say "a place where the separation breaks down." There is no spirit world there. Spirits become physical. The line between spirit and flesh ceases to exist.

Daka Fal's mandate fails there, simply because how do you separate the living from the dead in the Dead Place?

The rider/ridden distinction (the Covenant) breaking down is more tenuous because as far as I know the metaphysical inability of herds to exist there hasn't been confirmed since the Nomad Gods mechanic. I like it personally because it's a window into a world before Waha as well as a different set of spirit relationships than the one available through Daka Fal. And brings Eiritha back into her own story.

But again, the one guy who knows his way around a place where Daka Fal and/or Waha break down is somehow connected to ... the Independents?

Who recaptured him?

Another plug for "the cunning of Storm Bull," since he is known to be such a brainy guy and the Independents probably have to be crafty (sophisticated, innovative, sly, treacherous) to survive outside the Great Tribe system.

In your Glorantha, which Independents get access to the Paps? Some of the answers are easy, but it's worth seeing the logic on people like the Bolos.