Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:49:01 -0000

Peter, replying to Keith:

> > Waha! ancestry - an interesting fact that Khans must be
> > able to prove their descent from Waha! I wonder how many
> > Praxians are descended from Waha!, and how many were in
> > different periods of history. I presume this is through
> > the male line.
>
> I interpret this as a spiritual descent from Waha (when
> he performed the Ancestor Dance, I saw Waha among them)
> rather than a genealogical descent.

I like leaving it open.

But IMG: It has had different meanings at different times. Originally, it was literal. Waha's daughter was Elstorana. Her sons were the high khans, probably at the point at which the one great herd of Praxians broke into tribes. But that was a long time ago, maybe before time. More recently, you only have to "prove" descent from Waha. If I prove it in a vision quest, who are you to disagree? The difference might arise from some of the mistakes the Rhino khans made in their war against the trolls, when they ended up proving that "every man is a khan" and sapping the organizational strength of the Rhino tribe.

Chris