Re: My Theory on the Father of Independents.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:07:19 +1300

On 3/29/2013 8:07 AM, Glass wrote:
> I keep harping on this bit because we can all recognize that "the Independents" is a historical construction that shifts to accommodate people who come to the Plaines at one specific moment Since Time or another but aren't formally accepted into the Great Tribes system.

I think it easier to make the Father of Independents the *source* of the concept Independents. He appears, starts telling people about the Independents, everybody goes crazy trying to work out who they are before concluding that he's full of crap. *But* the term remained.

It also resolves a niggle in that "The Independents" sounds too modern for the Praxians. Having it as a God Learner expression removes that niggle.

--Peter Metcalfe