Re: Lunar Chaos Figthing Cult

From: drscience3000 <dr.dave.00_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 20:41:38 -0000

> The unhealed chaos theme was only a brief line in Gods of Glorantha
>and isn't a core tenet of the Lunar Way. Chaos only appears evil and
>frightening because *you* have not come to terms with your own fears
>about what you do not know. Seeking to "heal" chaos is like putting
>a cat in a cage for all eternity. The ideal response is to cease to
>fear chaos so that it will have no power over you and to teach others
>to do likewise.

I think this is the key. In our group, we definately have healed and unhealed chaos. The primal fear of chaos is unreasoned, but even those who have overcome that fear aren't blind to the destructive aspects of "wild" chaos. The goddess has harnessed chaos to the Lunar Way to heal the world. The rest is simply destructive and needs to be destroyed. So while "evil" is probably not a good term for Thanatar, etc. he isn't part of the solution, he is part of the problem and needs to be "dealt with".

I will defer to you on how canonical this is. It does, however, make the Irin understandable.