Re: Which is the difference between Magi and Viziers?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 00:22:20 +1200

On 7/19/2013 11:39 PM, zonork wrote:
> I believed to understand that Vizier is the carmanian name for the equivalent of the Zzaburi caste.
>
> But that they are subdivided between Viziers which adore the Pantheon serving Idonavus; Viziers which practise sorcery coming from the bad twin of Idonavus and finally Magi which are the only priests theists of Idonavus and form the sacerdotal elite.
>
> It is known as that "Contrary to Viziers, Magi do not use Sorcery" and that those supervise Viziers narrowly.
>
> Does that want to say that they supervise ONLY the Viziers Wizards or that Magi supervise all Viziers and NEVER use sorcery?

It seems to have changed subtly (but not as much as, say, the Rokari)

Idovanus is a sorcerous deity, although the Magi do sacrifice to him (and are the only ones permitted to do so according to the guide). I'd say the Magi use sorcery that proceeds from Idovanus while the Viziers use sorcery that proceeds from lesser gods and subordinate philosophies.

Ordinary sorcery, that as practiced by the Viziers, can be proved to be a gift from Idovanus. At the same time, the Viziers can also prove it to be a trap by GanEstoro. Only the Magi in their pure status can tell the difference between the Truth and the Lie and their judgement is crucial to keeping Carmanians from the Lie.

The real question in my mind is what the rest of the Carmanians practice. Rather than being straight theism, I'd now say it's a mixture with the Magi pointing to the example of Bisos as a God that can work the will of Idovanus.

--Peter Metcalfe