Re: lunar southern strategy

From: David <blerg2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:55:36 -0000

roko_joko <roko_joko_at_...> wrote:
> > This sounds like suggesting that the Third Reich conquer the
> > Soviet Union, bypassing Poland until later.
>
> Why does it sound like that to you? I don't see a geographic or
> any other analogy.

Sartar's only apparent interest to the Empire is that it (and the Grazelands) lay astride the lines of communication between it (or Germany) and the real strategic enemy, the Holy Country (or the USSR).

> > invasions of Sartar were run by Tarsh
>
> What's your point in saying that?

Tarsh, being culturally Orlanthi, had no great interest in s Storm/Sky confrontation. Takenegi had all the Storm/Sky confrontation possibilities that he needed in the Lunar provinces that made up old Saird and in neighboring Talastari countries like Bilini. Therefore, the only reason that Sartar was taken over was that Tarsh wanted to reassert its claims to Quivini lands, and the Empire needed something to get closer to the ports of the Holy Country. If there was a military method to bypass Sartar, the Empire would have used it, as Sartar had nothing to recommend it except its position as the lines of communication between the Heartlands and the Arms in the Holy Country, the final objective.