Re: Another site, another forum, another account - more fragmentation and loss...

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:28:07 +0100

pomeroi_at_mailfass.de wrote:

> There is an important discussion going on in our sister group. Moon
> Design's expertise on Glorantha is not questionable. Their view on
> modern communication obviously is.

I think that's slightly unfair; communication in that thread has hardly been exemplary on either side (although perfectly in keeping with the nature of the Immoderate List). There is, I'd agree, a reasonable question in all this about continued access to the old archives - although my impression is that they've replied that the archives are still available in read-only form. I don't use the forums at all, because I find them too inconvenient, so, honestly, I don't know what's there, but if it's all still available for free over the internet, does it really matter? And, apparently, it's being transferred to the newer location at some point, as well, so that it's currently in two different locations is a temporary thing.

Or is there something I've missed about information having been or being about to be deleted, whether through accident or malice?

> On the internet they damage the
> prospering of Glorantha again and again.

Certainly, a lot of the changes (use of forums, for instance) have been unhelpful to me, but I'm not sure I can criticise them for using their preferred means of communication, and I'm not aware of hard evidence that these changes have harmed Glorantha. (If there is such evidence, though, it would, of course, be interesting to see). I mean, look, I'm pretty unhappy with a lot of decisions MD have taken over the last few years, but you learn to live with it, and I don't see it as necessarily harmful just because I don't like it.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic