Re: Second Age Seven

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:21:42 -0400

On 14 Sep 2013, at 18:01, Robert Scott Martin <glass_at_panix.com> wrote:
>> I don't recall Hrelar Amari and nine. I do remember Sandy Petersen
>> saying that in Umathela, they worship nine Lightbringers.

> That is the bomb. If true in one's Glorantha, it represents a trackable
> historical divergence between the Manirians transported around 475-500 and
> the people who stayed behind and apparently evolved a "seven"
> lightbringers system after that time.
>
> The nine actually makes more sense to me, given that "Hrelar Amali served
> as a temple to the Nine Great Gods."

Not looking this up, but I suspect that most of the Lightbringers wouldn't qualify as Great Gods (surely Ernalda and Yelm, to name two known to the Heortlings, would be Great Gods).

I figure it's actually a divergence from seven TO nine among those transplanted to Umathela, likely related to a Second Age heroquest that brought back the Aldryami. After all, with all the God Learner experimentation on them, it's quite possible the Umathelans got it wrong.

Mostly though: there aren't all that many one digit numbers. So maybe there are coincidences.

David Dunham