RE: Re: Second Age Seven

From: glass_at_panix.com
Date: 14 Sep 2013 13:11:17 -0700

--- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, <worldofglorantha@yahoogroups.com> [drscience3000] wrote:

>Well, maybe things in seven were considered to be a coincidence until (to put it in Lunar terms) the Goddess revealed deeper truth behind things in seven...

"Lucky" number seven, misunderstood for centuries, now rehabilitated and given its fulfillment within the empire.

Checking back I see that even the archaic Western elemental system only counted the world up to six -- cold, dark, water, earth, sky, fire -- so our modern storm would have been the seventh son of the world, the one that broke the gears.

While vanishingly unlikely it's interesting to think about the origins of the Orlanthi seven in some primordial theyalan encounter with western cosmology. Then after the dawn, the missionaries go forth to spread the doctrine that seven is the luckiest number of all, the number of completion, but the westerners never got the point.

Trolling Herve here: and clearly that Rokari sorcerer loves the "70s" for just this reason.

--- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, <worldofglorantha@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

"What did the God Learners shout as they charged those pre-Lunar heptads? I doubt they associated the number with the finger goddesses (mostly lost and waiting for Entekos, if I recall). Were all their sevens shoehorned into classical Theyalan lightbringer associations?"

Well, maybe things in seven were considered to be a coincidence until (to put it in Lunar terms) the Goddess revealed deeper truth behind things in seven...