Re: Benefits to Agriculture of Gloranthan Rituals & Blessing

From: Jeff <richaje_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:26:48 -0000

> Hopefully this will make it into the upcoming guide--I'm pretty sure that it is a limited minority who have read the Stafford Library material, while the fact that the God Learners had made a switch shows up in some of the more mass market material (to the extent that anything Gloranthan is mass market).

It is in the Guide and yes, by RPG standards, the Guide is already mass market just based on KS sales. BoG was not mass market, nor is it canonical. Jeff Kyer's take on Maniria is not the same as Greg's (although to be fair to Jeff K, I doubt he had the same access to Greg's notes and material on Maniria as I do).

This is why we had the discussion regarding canon on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102577244714186267235) and what it means. By clearly stating what is canonical, you can know what future publications will rely on and what the editorial expectations are. That doesn't mean YOU can't use BoG in the future or base your campaign on it - just that future publications won't.

Jeff