Re: Whitewall

From: Pomeroi pomeroi_at_mailfass.de [WorldofGlorantha] <WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:43:40 +0200

On 16.07.2015 14:32, simonbrayuk_at_aol.com wrote:
> Personally I would allow any player group to speak to Broyan and Kallyr, have them spot an assassin on a roof and let them take them down, Kallyr or Broyan would want to see who saved them. They may then even trust them to undertake a mission - defend the east gate, carry this message to Kallyr, guard these priests as they prepare the teleportation spells / summon air Elementals / open the hero portal...
> One of the big issues with a lot of the old published scenarios is that players just get to watch, it's drab, it's dull and it's not fantasy. Remember Bilbo was a hobbit sitting at home, Belgarion was a stable boy and Arthur was a squire once, but they all became heroes not spectators.

While starting to plan, this already dawned on me... you are obviously right. My PCs always do most of the work to be done in all scenarios. Thinking of it now, I am not even sure why I wanted it different here... perhaps my own awe of the setting... All adventures before were absolutely THEIRS, that was the difference. Now I must teach myself better, how to let them JOIN.

Thanks for the ideas.
Pomeroi