Re: HQ character write up.

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:59:12 -0700 (PDT)

Roll 1d20. That's your age added to 15. Then roll on that for prime stats, write up 100 words, derive profession, culture etc from that and adjust stats accordingly. This is surprisingly a lot quicker than it sounds! It also allows for "mixed" characters, although you have to "justify" the mix in your write -up. EG: Ay-mi-feelinitt, my "death Elf" has a very good reason that he turned his back on Aldrya and went from a peace loving leaf, to learn the secrets of the Humakti sword. To make things more interesting, Aldrya made herself known to him later and blessed him, so he now "straddles" the gap between death magic, and life/growing magic and suffers the appropriate penalties for both.(ie: Never use a non-bladed hand weapon, never chop wood,never burn wood, never lie etc). This makes for a very complex and bitter character!

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> Sounds interesting - how do you integrate this into
> the RQ chargen system?
>
> Chargen? What do you mean?

character generation? YOu know - what we're talking about?

RQ as far as I remember was choose your profession, choose your age, do sums on the assumption that everyone's the same up to age 15. No more flexibility than that.

So how do you use the 100 words?

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups Links