Re: Honey

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_YmYV02RMCe64_RZ8C-T--pR9f18Nfm8W34w3IF_b51mVwUYrrzVImfAQP5x3uELZZOt_>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:39:47 -0800

The flora and fauna essay on Questlines

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/florafauna.html

has only this to say about honey:

"Honey is the most valued of all foods, and with sugarbeet the only sweetener available. A good hive (a treasure!) can produce up to 40 kilos of honey per year. A lodge of 18 would require about 1.2 kilos of honey per day."

If people are looking up honey in the ancient world, I'd be pleased to expand the essay entry if you have a few paragraphs to contribute.

John

nysalor_at_K624ie9d_PfxbLifvp5b09HOxqUTE3vQElJ0SUR_rPrk1G741eqyRReRwC58ywsumCiO7F4J1kgt1mK8jBVj.yahoo.invalid                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Goddess of earth and altar, rise up and hear our cry!