Re: Re: Saunas

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_P1yISi3E9dgJCwxRodEcAQ4RsNBrC_RFHx0EFidx18cAL270dIe1GE0RsCAAGwYqMDta>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:43:52 -0600

At 4:32 PM -0500 2/21/02, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

>The sauna is a 'man' thing. Just like the Loom House is a woman thing.

        Hmmm. I find this a little hard to believe -- the men get a cleaning/hygiene/communal thing that the women don't? I suspect the women use the sauna; they just don't use it for punishing contests. Plus it lets the men get all steamed about what the women are saying in there. And the potential for mixed bathing/steaming jokes and japery is pretty high, too.

>And, like the neighborhood pub, the sweat house is a place where one
>goes to get shut of the womenfolk. =)

        And vise versa, too.

>Now, I wonder if Santa can bring me some Machismo for Christmas?

        If you've been bad, you don't deserve any; if you've been good, getting some will just mess you up. How about a nice choo choo instead?

Peter Larsen