Re: Saunas

From: o_leppa <oleppa_at_yadyeLARYII9mXM4LEzmOdqVUrMfKkujGWc7ymaPZ3XxUmtkB7IsWXY9tSjWPab_H_JW6>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:03:41 -0000

> Hmmm. I find this a little hard to believe -- the men get a
> cleaning/hygiene/communal thing that the women don't? I suspect the
> women use the sauna; they just don't use it for punishing contests.
> Plus it lets the men get all steamed about what the women are
saying
> in there. And the potential for mixed bathing/steaming jokes and
> japery is pretty high, too.

Of course women use sauna. And mixed bathing isn't that funny when it's normal. I suppose the Heortlings could use separate or mixed bathing depending on the occasion.

> >And, like the neighborhood pub, the sweat house is a place where
one
> >goes to get shut of the womenfolk. =)
>
> And vise versa, too.

This is indeed a good place to have this sort of conversations. For us the sauna is the place where the most important and serious discussions are made - old men tell tale of wars and secrets of manhood, women probably their secrets. I vision that the Heortlings could have it this way too.

Otto